Are Fossil Watches Good? What Experts Say About It
Why are Fossil watches good? We are living in a time where smartwatches have taken over the market. With the new age of smartphones and tablets, brands like Samsung and Apple have amassed plenty of popularity due to their smartwatches.
Fossil entered the market in 1984, and the quality of their watches is unquestionable. But due to the growing popularity of smartwatches, many people even ask: Are Fossil watches good?
Fossil has a range of different watches, including smartwatches, automatic, and battery-powered models. These watches are all about quality and durability.
We have developed this post to bring you our top 10 best Fossil watches reviews.
Last update on 2020-10-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2020-10-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Top 10 Fossil Watches on the Market in 2020
1. Men’s Grant Quartz Watch – Best Chronograph Watch
The classic watches are the best wrist essential, especially for those who prefer to choose classic looks. The Fossil is manufacturing the best Grant watch for men by using premium quality materials.
These watches come with stainless steel round case along with black dial, which measures 44mm, plus roman numerals. Additionally, the band is prepared with real brown leather that measures about 22mm. This leather band comes with buckle closure that makes it easy to wear.
You can also interchange the watch strap with Fossil 22mm straps. This multifunctional watch has a stopwatch function. It comes with 3 separate dials for tracking seconds, minutes, and hours.
You can wear it for a short period of showering or recreational swimming because it is a water-resistant watch with 50m or 165-feet water depth.
- Features three-hand quartz and chronograph.
- Leather and stainless steel materials make it a reliable, comfortable, and durable watch.
- The strap is versatile and swappable with all Fossil 22mm straps.
- Water-resistant to 50m or 165-feet.
- Available in trendy 14 colors.
- Not suitable for snorkeling or diving.
- It doesn’t include any user’s instructions.
2. Women’s Riley Quartz Watch– Best Fashionable Women Watch
There are plenty of women who are looking for fancy and fashionable watches. Well, we suggest the Fossil brand. You can purchase the Women’s Riley quartz watch by Fossil. Fossil Women Riley watches are highly durable, multifunctional, and water-resistant.
This watch has a round stainless steel case plated with a tone of rose gold. In addition to that, it comes with crystal detail at bezel, satin beige dial, and crystal hour markers. The tan genuine leather band equipped with buckle closure enhances the look of this watch.
The band is interchangeable so that you can interchange it with Fossil 18mm straps according to your party theme or dresses. This multifunction watch offers the best stopwatch functionality.
And it comes with 3 separate dials for tracking seconds, minutes, and hours. It is also a water-resistant watch to 100m or 330-feet, which makes it suitable for snorkeling, swimming, and bathing.
- The shimmering Riley watch features a multi-function movement on its stainless steel case.
- A dazzling crystal dial and outstanding stainless steel make you stylish and fashionable.
- Available in stunning 08 colors so you can choose which one you like.
- You can customize your band with its interchangeable band option.
- Water-resistant watch.
- Suitable for snorkeling, swimming, or bathing.
- A bit heavy.
- The band is hard and stiff.
3. Men’s Nate Casual Watch – Best Military-Style Watch
The eye-catching and versatile construction of the Fossil Nate watch makes it perfect for weekend warriors. The case is made with a good quality stainless steel and plated with matte black.
Guess what? The black dial comes with a date window, plus Arabic numerals with gunmetal-tone.
Additionally, the metal band is stainless steel with a 24mm diameter. You can change this band with Fossil 24mm straps according to your requirements. This bracelet is equipped with clasp closure so you can wear it with comfort.
This multifunction watch has stopwatch functionality, plus separate three dials for tracking seconds, minutes, and hours. Another good point about this watch is that it also has a date window, so you don’t need an additional gadget for watching dates.
It is accessible in 06 stylish colors, and some of them are available with a leather strap. So if you want these features with a leather strap watch, then you can choose black or brown colors.
- Interchangeable strap with Fossil 24mm straps.
- It comes with clasp closure for making it comfortable.
- Water-resistant to 50m or 165-feet.
- The matte black stainless steel metal bracelet comes with 24mm width.
- It weighs 10.4 ounces, which makes it lightweight.
- The band isn’t scratch-resistant.
- The dial is too big.
4. Gen-5 Carlyle Smart Watch – Best Fossil Smartwatch
Fossil is constructing the best smartwatches that come with a touch screen. If you want to give a smartwatch to your loved one, and then you should purchase Gen-5 Carlyle smartwatch by Fossil.
This watch is accessible in 3 unique colors, such as smoke, black, and a combination of black and brown. Thus, you can choose a single color or a combination of the smartwatch.
Some users are also concerned that fossil watches are good with iPhone? So, I am glad to tell you that the Gen-5 Carlyle smartwatch is compatible with both Android and iOS. In addition to that, you can quickly connect this watch with your smartphones.
You can also use it for tracking your heart rate because it is equipped with an enhanced heart rate sensor. Plus, if you need an assistant, you can use the Google Assistant on your wrist. Ask anything from the assistant and hear responses through the watch’s speaker.
You will also receive your notification alerts due to Bluetooth technology. It also features Google Pay. Nop, you can pay from your smartwatch.
- You can play pre-stored music from your smartwatch during running, walking, or any sporty activity.
- The touch screen is swim-proof, so you can confidently use it under the water.
- Offers smart batter modes for extending battery life, plus use a magnetic USB charger for charging your smartwatch battery.
- Connect with you Android or iOS smartphones with Bluetooth connectivity
- Inbuilt GPS tracker.
- It comes with 1GB RAM or 8GB storage capacities.
- The battery lifespan is too low.
- Google assistant works only with the English language.
5. Women’s Georgia Casual Watch – Best Luminous Watch
The hardware of the Fossil’s Women Georgia casual watch is designed with D-Ring shape hardware. The company uses rich materials to construct it that converts your wrist from easy to chic. Consequently, you can wear it day or night with easy reading.
Furthermore, the round shape stainless steel case comes with a textured silver dial that has Arabic numerals and tone silver hands. It comes with a brown genuine leather band that has buckle closure for your convenience.
Ideal water-resistant to 50m or 165-feet so you can use it for a short period of showering and swimming.
It also features a quartz movement, 3-hand luminous analog display, and mineral crystal face.
- The leather band length is 9-inch and width 8mm, so it is suitable for women.
- Rugged construction makes it highly durable, reliable, and comfortable.
- Available in 05 colors so you can buy according to your choice.
- Perfect timepiece because the luminous feature permits you to wear it day or night.
- The strap is very thin, and the dial is big.
- It comes with less durability.
6. Men’s Gen-4 Explorist Smart Watch – Best Activity Tracking Watch
Are you looking for the best activity tracking smartwatch? Well, we suggest the Fossils Gen-4 Explorist smartwatch because it is powered with Google Wear OS. Google Wear is compatible with both Android and iPhone smartphones. It is equipped with NFC, GPS, and Bluetooth technologies so, you can use it for multiple purposes.
The touch screen interface enhances its functionality, plus you can also interchange its band.
Additionally, the swim-proof 3ATM design makes it suitable for swimming and other underwater activities. It has built-in a microphone and speaker so you can ask any question from the Google Assistant and hear the responses as well.
On the other hand, you can play stored music while tracking your activities. It has an improved heart rate sensor so you can track your heart rate anywhere anytime.
- Receive alerts and notifications after connecting it with your smartphones by using Bluetooth technology.
- Features calendar alerts, weather, wireless syncing, alarm settings, LED flashlight, and personalize watch face.
- Available in 06 stylish colors that make it fashionable and an essential wrist gadget.
- Purchase includes a magnetic USB charger so you can conveniently charge it.
- Respond slowly.
- Not a delicate and efficient option.
7. Women’s Gen-4 Venture Smart Watch – Best Women Smart Watch
The company uses modern technology to manufacture the best smartwatch for women. The classic design of the Gen-4 Venture watch by Fossil comes with a touch screen so you can easily customize its setting. This watch permits you to personalize plenty of settings such as alarm settings, custom goals, weather, calendar alerts, music storage, and much more.
Moreover, the stainless steel ban comes with 18mm, and it is interchangeable. Thus, you can interchange it with any 18mm Fossil bands.
You can connect it with your smartphones, either through Android or iOS, by using NFC or Bluetooth technology. Your purchase includes a magnetic USB charger so you can easily charge your smartwatch battery.
- It can track your activity and heart rate.
- Receives notification and alerts after connecting the watch with your smartphones.
- Compatible with either Android or iOS, plus take assistance from the Google Assistant.
- The band is interchangeable with any Fossil 18mm band.
- Swim-proof 3ATM design, so wear it confidently during underwater activities.
- It doesn’t record sleep data.
- We need to charge its battery every day.
8. Men’s Machine Chronograph Watch – Best Mechanical Watch
Are fossil mechanical watches good? Yes, Fossil is preparing the best mechanical watch, and we recommend Men’s Machine Chronograph watch. It comes with a 3-hand chronograph movement, a date display window, and 3-sub-dials.
Additionally, the knurled design gives you a sporty feel. It has a stainless steel case, silicone strap, and buckle closure. It is available in black and two-tone black color on the market so you can opt according to your wish.
This silicone band is comfortable to wear. On the other hand, you can change its band with any 24mm Fossil band. It is suitable for a short period of showering and recreational swimming.
- This multifunction wristwatch comes with a stopwatch functionality.
- The silicone strap of the watch is waterproof and very comfortable for longer wear.
- With its interchangeable watch straps, you can maintain your style.
- Equipped with stationary bezel function and bezel stainless steel material
- Suitable for a short time of swimming and showering.
- Hard to read at night.
- Not for underwater activities.
9. Women’s Stella Casual Watch – Best Value for Money Watch
Fossil is presenting the eye-catching timepieces for women’s wrists. Stella Watch brings value for money for women. It features a multi-function movement along with the luminous three-hand analog display.
Furthermore, the round stainless steel case is plated with white resin, plus comes with crystal details at bezel. This rein bracelet is equipped with clasp closure, so you effortlessly and quickly open and close it.
On the other hand, this is water-resistant to 50m or 165-feet so you can use it for light showering and short time swimming. The band size is 17mm, and the case size is 37mm, that is the perfect watch for ladies.
- Resin strap is extremely durable and suitable for aquatic sports and nautical activities.
- You can interchange its band with an 18mm Fossil band.
- Features three sub-dials for tracking seconds, minutes, and hours.
- More stylish and comes with versatile design.
- Available only in white resin.
- Resin strap isn’t comfortable for everyone.
10. Men’s Machine Dress Watch – Best Dress Watch
If you are looking for the dress watch, then purchasing a Machine Quartz watch by Fossil should be your priority. It comes with a three-hand analog display, date window, and mineral crystal face. Additionally, the case size is 42mm, and the band is measuring about 22mm.
On the other hand, the stainless steel bracelet is plated with black color that enhances its look. Thus, you can comfortably wear it for any business meetings.
The bracelet is equipped with clasp closure so you can conveniently open and close your wristwatches. Plus, the good thing is that you can also interchange its band.
- The stainless steel case is plated with black color, plus knurled bezel.
- You can easily watch the date, so there is no need to carry an additional gadget for it.
- Water-resistant with 50m or 165-feet so you can wear it for short period water activities.
- Bracelet comes with a clasp closure that makes the opening and closing effortlessly.
- You can interchange its bracelet with the Fossil 22mm band.
- No color option is available.
- A little bit heavyweight watch.
Features to look for when buying
How would you know, are Fossil watches good quality? There are several points that you need to keep in mind when choosing this brand. We have developed this buying guide for your assistance to keep you on track when it comes to selecting the right Fossil watch that meets all your needs and requirements.
Fossil uses different materials for the development of the straps of their watches. The brand uses high-quality silicone, stainless steel, and leather for the construction of the straps. These straps are swappable due to the quick release pins if you are looking to change your looks.
These watches also come in different movements. You can find three-hand quartz, chronograph as well as multifunction watches from Fossil. All these three movement technologies from Fossil are of high quality and provide tremendous precision.
Fossil watches come with three different water resistivity ratings. The 3ATM watches can withstand brief water immersion and splashes. A 5ATM watch from Fossil is easily wearable in shallow water, and you can also use it while being around household sinks. 10ATM watches from Fossil are great for bathing, snorkeling as well as swimming. But none of them are high from scuba diving.
All Fossil watches have a system that controls how a particular watch operates. There are different watch styles for different people. For instance, if you are an athlete, you need to choose a silicone strap smartwatch that is water-resistant, and it can track activity. If in case you travel a lot, then you will need a watch that comes with different time zones. For hikers and trekkers, GPS connectivity is a must.
All the watches from Fossil are of high quality. All the materials used in the construction of these watches are chosen with minute detailing so that they remain functional 100% for a long time to come. Fossil watches are one of the most durable watches on the market.
Some of the watches from Fossil also come with night light features where you can conveniently see time in dark conditions. The light stays visible in gloomy conditions, and it also doesn’t fade for an extended period.
Compatibility and extra features
The smartwatches from Fossil features high quality LED touchscreen that is spherical. The date and time will update automatically when these watches connect with your phone via Bluetooth.
These watches come with wireless synchronization, alarms, music player, and a speaker with mic. These watches are compatible with iPhone as well as Android-based smartphones.
Q: Are fossil watches good?
A: Fossil is not only one of the best brands when it comes to conventional watches, but it is also among the market leaders in smartwatches.
It came into being back in 1984, and right from the beginning, it has focused on making high-quality watches for men, women, and athletes. You can find leather, steel, and silicone straps, and its watches are highly customizable as well.
Q: Does the paint on the dials and chains on a Fossil watch scratches with time?
A: Some of the stainless steel straps that are painted will scratch over time, but the non-painted stainless steel chains and dials don’t scratch, no matter how much time has passed.
Q: How can I change or swap my Fossil watch band?
A: The swapping mechanism is straightforward. Fossil has made sure that the users can swap their watchbands conveniently. It will help if you push that small ridge present on the spring bar. You can do so with the help of a spring bar tool with its forked end.
Just push this ridge away from the lug but in the direction of the watchband. The spring bar will slide out from its hole and in the lug. It will allow you to pull the band out gently. Just be careful not to scratch the dial when you are using tools.
Q: Does Fossil have customized watches?
A: Yes, you can order your customized timepiece with Fossil. You can design an entirely new timepiece for yourself with different cases, bezels, straps, and dials, or you can choose from different swappable options.
You can also go for engraving or embossing for that extra special personalized touch.
Q: How can I get my Fossil watch repaired?
A: If your Fossil watch requires service under warranty or outside of it, you need to visit Fossil’s website and download the watch repair form. For the information of repair and warranty, you need to visit the company’s respective page for more details.
All the components of your Fossil watch have limited warranties protecting you against defective materials or craftsmanship.
Without a shadow of a doubt, Fossil is one of the best brands on the market. And for the people who ask are Fossil watches good, there is so much on the offer. There are a plethora of different models from the brand designed to meet the specific needs of the users, but the Grant by Fossil is the best in every regard. The chronograph quartz has everything you need in a conventional watch.
So after going through all the reviews and every detail about this brand, you decide, are Fossil watches good? Because we surely love every bit of them!